Friday, August 15, 2008

Our New Little Girl

She is finally here!! This is little Ela Kae weighing in at 7 pounds 5 ounces and 20 inches long. She is absolutely perfect! I was a little nervous for the labor and delivery because I was induced, but everything went great! I came in bright and early at 6 am and by noon I was ready to go, however, my doctor was stuck in surgery so I had to wait about 2 1/2 hours until she could come. By the time she got there, Ela was ready - I only had to push once! I couldn't have asked for a better delivery.

This is exactly how I feel!!!
This is my doctor - she delivered both Abbey and Ela. She is so great! She always takes time to involve Abbey when she sees her. Abbey is doing really well with Ela, we had taught her that my belly was Ela, and now she will point at Ela and say her name, so I think she might understand a little bit. I feel so blessed to have two beautiful little girls!

7 comments:

Allreds said...

how sweet little Ela, Good luck with 2 you'll do great. I hope your recovery goes great. Your friend Steph

emilyy said...

Glad everything went so smooth for you and that adorable little lady. She is so cute. I can see abby in her for sure.

The Gardner's said...

Lees, congrats! I am glad that your little one is finally here. I can't wait to see her in a couple of weeks! Good luck with the new baby! I hope that Abbey will continue to be really good with her!

Rob and Melanie said...

Congrats!!! She is so cute, I wish they could stay littler longer. But its fun when they are big too. Good job on only pushing once, thats how I am too. Its great!

Tara said...

How exciting: 2 girls!! She is such a little doll. Hoep the recovery goes well. I will be checking for more pics.

Ormeeheads said...

Congradulations, she is so beautiful!!! How fun to have two little girls.

Margo said...

Your two little girls are just so darn cute. I can't wait to come over and see Ela. Those two little girls are going to be the bestest of friends. love ya.