Friday, March 28, 2008

Washington D.C.

We went to Washington D.C. for Spring Break and it was so much fun! On our way there, Eric saw a Cabela's and was so excited to go look around. I was a little annoyed at first because I didn't want to take the time, but Abbey was hungry and needed to stretch so I agreed to go as long as we made it quick. I didn't realize how cool Cabela's actually is and I think we stayed for an hour.

Abbey was able to walk around and look at all the animals - she loved it! Apparently ALL of the animals growl including the elephants, deers, boars, and birds - just ask Abbey, she knows!

We loved it so much the first time around, we stopped at Cabela's again on our way home!

On our way into D.C. we stopped at the temple, it is gorgeous! I was a little disappointed because it started raining before we left so we weren't able to go walk around the grounds of the temple - we just enjoyed it from a distance.

This is a great lookout point from the Arlington Cemetery. I really enjoyed going to the cemetery and walking around looking at ALL the graves. We were able to watch the changing of the guards at the tomb of the unknown, which was really neat. It makes you really appreciate all the soliders that give up so much to fight for our country.

The second day we were there, it was super windy and cold! We had to bundle Abbey up in her stroller and she was so good. I think she knew if she got out she was going to freeze, so she was perfectly happy to stay nice and warm. I wish I could have bundled up and snuggled in the stoller all day!

Here's the White House - too bad we have to take pictures from so far away, I really like this building.

The Lincoln Memorial.

The Capitol. We didn't actually walk to the Capitol because it was the end of the day and everyone was feeling a little tired and hungry. Don't you love the lovely fenced background?

Here's the fun group we went with - thank you so much for a great time!! We really enjoyed our trip and spending time with good friends!





5 comments:

Burke and Hayley said...

Love the pics. It looks like you guys had a great trip. I have never been there and would love to go someday.

Jessica said...

It looks like you guys had a great vacation! How fun to go with other families too. I haven't been to D.C. in years, I would love to go again and take my boys. :-)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had sooo much fun. I'm glad you posted so many pics for us to see. Abbey is cute as always! Can't wait to see you guys in June. Miss you guys!

Kandyce and James

Our Sweet Life said...

Thanks for such a fun trip guys.

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

Cute DC pictures. I must say Abbey bundled up is almost as cute as Abbey with her new penguin walk. Looks like ya'll had a fun time. Take care.