Friday, July 17, 2009

R&R

Eric and I were able to take a little anniversary/graduation vacation and it was fantastic!! I was really worried and anxious to leave our girls for a whole week, but it ended up being a really good thing for all of us. Thank you so much to our family for helping with the girls so we could do this - we love you very much!

We went to one of my favorite vacation spots of all time... SAN DIEGO! I love the place! I have been many, many times and I just can't get enough. I needed this vacation and it was great to kick back and relax! The first day there we went down to the beach and went body boarding. This is one of our favorite things to do. The water was freezing and it wasn't very warm outside, but I toughed it out. The rest of the days we were there were kinda cold and misty so we never got back in the water, but we walked along the beaches almost everyday - so relaxing! We went to Seaport Village one night and got some yummy Ben & Jerry's ice cream (yum!) We tried to go to Balboa Park one day, we got all way there, got out of the car and up the the shuttle station, then decided not to go because it was cold. I know, lame huh? I guess we will go next time. Here are a few more highlights...
This is La Jolla. We have never come here before and it was really cool. There were some neat tide pools with lots of yucky crabs and weird buggy things crawling all over.
We went to a Padres game one night. For those of you who know Eric, you know he loves baseball so we definately couldn't pass up a MLB game! We had a great time and Petco Park is really nice! This is a picture of the "beachers." You can see the sand box and the bottom of the bleachers for the kids to play in - genius!
This is Eric's dream office! Just kidding. This is an old dental office in Old Town. This is always a highlight for me when we go to San Diego, I love walking around all the little shops even though everything is mostly junk. The best part is the fresh tortillas you can buy on the street. My favorite - cinnamon tortillas with loads of melted butter (I am drooling!)

We spent four nights in San Diego then we moved on Las Vegas for three nights. I love Vegas for one reason - buffets! All the other stuff is kinda like - been there, seen that. Eric and I were surprised at how dirty it was. I mean, I know it's Sin City, but we couldn't even look down at the sidewalk for 2 seconds because there were those nasty handouts all over the place! I was also surprised at how many little kids were there. Honestly, what is there to do in Vegas with little kids that you couldn't do somewhere else? Nothing really, right? Personally, I don't want my little girls around all that stuff, and the smokey casinos are yucky and stinky. We would have loved to go see a show, but we didn't really think it was worth the money so we just ate at a few buffets instead (I'm drooling again!) It was a great relaxing vacation and I want to go back - now!

No comments: